Tuesday 19 March 2013

Cath Kidston Tee

I've wanted some sort of Cath Kidston clothing for a while but couldn't find the style I had in mind, so I went online and I found some pretty Cath Kidston material being sold on eBay!

There were loads of different patterns to choose from and it wasn't even expensive - something unusual for Cath Kidston!

My boyfriend had given me a plain white t-shirt that he'd bought but hardly worn and I got to work with adding the material.

It was pretty easy at first when I was measuring the material but then the sewing began and it took over an hour sewing it around the sleeve!

This was made easier when I discovered material glue in a cupboard in my kitchen and it was amazing.
It was quick and easy, even though it smelt a bit, it worked so well and is still going strong after being washed quite a few times.

I've never made anything like this before but it was good to start a different kind of project. It cost me hardly anything and people have complimented me on it and even asked me where I bought it.

If you like Cath Kidston or making clothes (or both), I recommend trying this. There's plenty of patterns to choose from and you could add the material to any type of clothing or add it to brighten up something old :)

If you do give it a go I'd love to see pictures so please send me any!


No comments:

Post a Comment